Dr. Clement Banda MD RPhS
Dr. Clement Banda, M.D., is the founder and medical director of MD Vein & Skin Specialists.
Drawing on more than 25 years of medical experience, Dr. Banda has transformed MD Vein & Skin into a leading provider of minimally-invasive vein and skin procedures.
He holds a medical degree from the University of Zimbabwe and post-doctoral training from Michigan State University, George Washington University and postgraduate clinical dermatology training from Queen Mary University of London.
Dr. Banda‘s medical practice focuses on the specialties of Dermatologic Surgery and Phlebology (Vein Specialty). As an early adopter in the emergence of laser medicine and surgery as a medical specialty, Dr. Banda has amassed industry-leading training in the latest laser procedures. He is a diplomate of the American Board of Laser Surgery, the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine and the National Board of Physicians and Surgeons.
A fellow of the American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery (ASLMS), a diplomate of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (ABVLM), a diplomate of the American Board of Laser Surgery and a professional member of the American Venous Forum (AVF), the American Medical Association (AMA) and the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery (AACS), Dr. Banda has been profiled on American Health and Beauty and featured in Howard Magazine and Baltimore Magazine. Dr. Banda enjoys home improvement projects and preparing gourmet vegetarian meals.
Dr. Banda looks forward to speaking with you one-on-one and answering your dermatology and vein restoration questions. Schedule your consultation with him today to begin your journey to looking and feeling your best. Dr. Banda began transitioning into minimally-invasive vein and skin procedures in 2006 as technology allowed such procedures and founded MD Vein & Skin Specialists. His practice is limited to care of venous diseases including office vascular ultrasound, liquid and foam sclerotherapy, microphlebectomy, endovenous thermal ablation, and skin surgery for skin cancer and other skin conditions.
Dr. Banda is trained as both a technologist and a physician interpreter of vascular ultrasound. He holds the Registered Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS) certification through Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
- Medical Director, MD Vein & Skin Specialists.
- Medical Director, MD Laser Surgery Center.
- Diplomate, American Board of Laser Surgery (Dermatology).
- Diplomate, American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine (formerly the American Board of Phlebology).
- Registered Phlebology Sonographer (RPhS), Cardiovascular Credentialing International.
- Member, American Medical Association.
- Member, American Venous Forum.
- Fellow, American Society of Laser Medicine and Surgery.
- Member, MedChi (The Maryland Medical Society) Legislative Council.
- Member, Board of Directors Center for Healthy Maryland.
- President, Anne Arundel, and Howard County Medical Societies.